So here is a sort of bucket list that keeps popping into my mind. I wrote it down once over the summer on a trip to the Outter Banks. We were coming from the Schaffers in Wilm, and if you have ever driven from Wilm to OBX, there is NOTHING...so I decided to make my bucket list. Well that list was lost, big surprise when you write it on some random piece of paper. So I thought this was a good place to store it, and b/c I am procrastinating. I should be writing an IEP for the upcoming week, but its the last day of Christmas break and I have a raging headache, so writing a kids IEP is not top on my priority list...
1. Get financially situated. Yeah, I know, doesn't everyone. But I feel like I am soo late on this. For living a big girl life, my finances could be a lot better. Whats upsetting is that its not like we are frivolously spending on things we dont need. We are pretty damn responsible when it comes to spending, but we kinda started from zero when we moved back, so we were a family of 3 (almost 4) and making the same as teachers fresh out of college with out family obligations. Finally I feel like its SLOWLY getting better. But I kinda think at 30...oops 31, I should have a savings account? All in due time I guess. Daycare is getting cheaper, and will eventually go away.
AHHH blogging while Mia is awake is annoying...the kid does not stop talking!
2. Disney. Yep, I am so excited to take the kids to Disney. Gavin is easily excited about most things, Mia will be so fun. In my perfect world, we would surprise them on Christmas and leave the next day. We will see.
3. Tropical Vacation to rain forest and volcanoes. This could be accomplished this year if Costa Rica goes through, if not....a Hawaiian Vacation with Eric will do...
4. Travel across country in a camper with the family. A caravan of family and friends would also be awesome, I am think when Gavin is at least 4 or 5. This would maybe need to happen twice, or else thats a long ass trip. I would like to see the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, The Great Redwoods, Mount Rushmore, Glacier National Park, Bear Tooth, Half Dome, and tons of other places. Might need a northern trip, then a southern trip...and it seems like a lot of planning, which I am not too fond of.
5. Travel to the mother land....Italy
6. Run a half and full marathon
7. Do a triathlon, all three events.
8. Ride horses on the beach
9. Swim with dolphins
10. Rock climb, like with ropes and stuff
11. Volunteer in a 3rd world country
12. Help with animal relief efforts in some part of the world
13. Go to Alaska
14. Hang out with storm chasers in the field
15. Find more time for artistic outlets.
16. Get invisalign.
17. Practice yoga weekly
18. Improve my time management (as i sit here working on IEP's and a blog)
19. I want to live on the water....maybe Gulf Coast of Fl? I think I would really love to have a lagoon in my backyard. I can't figure out my perfect place to live...let me describe it and if you can give me some places, I would be thankful. Requirements are: on a moving body of water (preferably salty), water to air temp is suitable for swimming if the mood strikes me, access to wooded areas for walks/hiking, temperature is rarely lower than 60. Im thinking this is California, but Ive never been there, and the Pacific is cold..
20. Donate my body to science....once Im dead. Kinda weird? But this is my thought. I'm dead, rather then sticking me in an expensive box and putting me in the ground to decompose, give away what you can of me....let others learn and discover and create with my help....and then put whats left (if anything) in a pine box, put me and my remains near a big tree, but in the sun.
I will add to this as things come to my head, but my headache is finally subsiding and I should finish my school work....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So many of your buckets are my buckets too! I really want to spend a month and camp my way through Alaska, in an RV. Do a Tri... Disney with kids...Get back to my hot Yoga...
ReplyDeleteHow exactly to do this with children?!
Love to see you blogging more! Keep it up!