the night before the first day of school: its the anticipation, the anxiety, the "what the hell am I gonna wear", the "who is in my class, what lunch do I have"! I have had 26 first days of school (13+5(i took 4 and a half years!!!)+8=26, good just checking my math) and it never changes. The same pit in the tummy, will i be late, keeping me up. The worst is when you fall asleep, and think you have been sleeping for hours, and its really only like 2 and then you cant fall back to sleep b/c you start to freak out that you wont get enough sleep and then you will hit snooze and be tired...did i set the coffee pot? ugh...
On another note, I am usually always excited about the start of the new school year. Some people may think that it gets boring, just teaching the same stuff year after year, but you get a totally different mix of kids, so its kinda fun...this year i have some interesting things..keep a heads up on funny quotes of the day, I am sure it will get interesting. Okay, so kids are exciting..woohoo, but i really really like the people I work with, they are a super fun group of peeps who i get along with and who are entertained by my antics..and will join in from time to time..i wont lie, really i keep thinking about what i'm gonna be for halloween..i am going to pitch the idea of a departmental theme...it will be fun times.
So off i go to bed (yes this early), by the time i eat some ice cream, read some book, figure out what the hell im gonna wear, and all, it will be sleepy time for me. cant wait to try to get the entire fam out the door by 630am...
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I brought my drill team uniform home from Texas - complete with bloomers and cowboy boots - I'd be glad to lend it to ya!
ReplyDelete